Export
Cover
Fan Souvenir :: Never Call Me A Hero A Legendary American DiveBomber Pilo
Fan Souvenir  Index du Forum
Fan Souvenir  Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Bienvenue 

LCD[/url]  
Never Call Me A Hero A Legendary American DiveBomber Pilo

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Fan Souvenir Index du Forum -> Fan Tv -> Passage à la télé
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
jaeger
Grand fan

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 09:20 (2017)    Sujet du message: Never Call Me A Hero A Legendary American DiveBomber Pilo Répondre en citant

Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway
by N. Jack "Dusty" Kleiss
rating: 5.0 (3 reviews)

->->->->DOWNLOAD BOOK Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway
->->->->ONLINE BOOK Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway

<strong>75 YEARS AGO, ONE DARING AMERICAN PILOT MAY HAVE CHANGED THE COURSE OF HISTORY WHEN HE STRUCK AND SANK TWO JAPANESE CARRIERS AT THE BATTLE OF MIDWAY -- &#x22;THE DECISIVE CONTEST FOR CONTROL OF THE PACIFIC IN WORLD WAR II” (<em>NEW YORK TIMES</em>). </strong><strong>NOW, AT LAST, LEGENDARY DIVE-BOMBER “DUSTY” KLEISS SHARES HIS UNFORGETTABLE EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT OF AMERICA’S GREATEST NAVAL VICTORY.</strong><strong> </strong>

On the morning of June 4, 1942, high above the tiny Pacific atoll of Midway, Lt. (j.g.) &#x22;Dusty&#x22; Kleiss burst out of the clouds and piloted his SBD Dauntless into a near-vertical dive aimed at the heart of Japan’s Imperial Navy, which six months earlier had ruthlessly struck Pearl Harbor. The greatest naval battle in history raged around him, its outcome hanging in the balance as the U.S. desperately searched for its first major victory of the Second World War. Then, in a matter of seconds, Dusty Kleiss’s daring 20,000-foot dive helped forever alter the war’s trajectory.

Plummeting through the air at 240 knots amid blistering anti-aircraft fire, the twenty-six-year-old pilot from USS <em>Enterprise</em>’s elite Scouting Squadron Six fixed on an invaluable target—the aircraft carrier <em>Kaga, </em>one of Japan’s most important capital ships. He released three bombs at the last possible instant, then desperately pulled out of his gut-wrenching 9-g dive. As his plane leveled out just above the roiling Pacific Ocean, Dusty’s perfectly placed bombs struck the carrier’s deck, and <em>Kaga </em>erupted into an inferno from which it would never recover.

Arriving safely back at <em>Enterprise, </em>Dusty was met with heartbreaking news: his best friend was missing and presumed dead along with two dozen of their fellow naval aviators. Unbowed, Dusty returned to the air that same afternoon and, remarkably, would fatally strike another enemy carrier, <em>Hiryu</em>. Two days later, his deadeye aim contributed to the destruction of a third Japanese warship, the cruiser <em>Mikuma, </em>thereby making Dusty the only pilot from either side to land hits on three different ships, all of which sank—losses that crippled the once-fearsome Japanese fleet.

By battle’s end, the humble young sailor from Kansas had earned his place in history—and yet he stayed silent for decades, living quietly with his children and his wife, Jean, whom he married less than a month after Midway. Now his extraordinary and long-awaited memoir, <em>Never Call Me a Hero, </em>tells the Navy Cross recipient’s full story for the first time, offering an unprecedentedly intimate look at the &#x22;the decisive contest for control of the Pacific in World War II&#x22; (<em>New York Times</em>)—and one man’s essential role in helping secure its outcome.

Dusty worked on this book for years with naval historians Timothy and Laura Orr, aiming to publish <em>Never Call Me a Hero </em>for Midway’s seventy-fifth anniversary in June 2017. Sadly, as the book neared completion in 2016, Dusty Kleiss passed away at age 100, the last surviving dive-bomber pilot to have fought at Midway. And yet the publication of <em>Never Call Me a Hero </em>is a cause for celebration: these pages are Dusty’s remarkable legacy, providing a riveting eyewitness account of the Battle of Midway, and an inspiring testimony to the brave men who fought, died, and shaped history during those four extraordinary days in June, seventy-five years ago.

Details:
price: $26.99
bound: 336 pages
publisher: William Morrow (May 23, 2017)
lang: English
asin: B01NCTJ53H
isbn:
weight:
filesize: 5162 KB

Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book online Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway discount for book

Tags: format eReader thepiratebay text online, book full, audio book, ebook android pdf, epub free, free download via uTorrent, book OneDrive, book without payment, book 2shared, book for mac, download from SaberCatHost pdf, book online, book without payment, download free cloud, book book free from xiaomi, book google docs, book ipad free, mobile pdf, torrent download 1337x, flibusta fb2 download original online, book from htc online, book torrent, thepiratebay torrent download, book MediaFire, download english, kindle pdf book macbook mobile, book german, read without register, book buy cheap, original book, free txt, free ebook, book BitTorrent free, book format djvu, book get pdf, book from motorola read, book for Windows Phone, phone wiki free eReader book, book text format, book book free from Galaxy, tpb free torrent, shop read access flibusta information, original book, free download mobile pdf

Visit AvonRomance.com Visit the official Harlequin book site.See the newest novels, discuss with other book lovers,buy romance books onlineSeuss Trolls Moana Pokemon Trading Cards Pusheen Pete the Cat Star Wars Frozen Bestselling Series Harry Potter The Worlds of Rick Riordan A Series of Unfortunate Events Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dork Diaries Magic Tree House American Girl More for Kids 100 Days of Sales - Educational Tools for Educators Summer Reading Challenge The Land of Stories: Worlds Colide The epic conclusion to the bestselling series by Chris Colfer! Order Now! Toys & Games Customer Favorites Bestselling Toys Plush Harry Potter Games & Puzzles Pokemon Trading Cards Coloring Arts & Crafts Superheroes & Villains Star Wars Minecraft & Gaming Brands LeapFrog LEGO Funko Disney Pusheen Calico Critters Shopkins Skip Hop Age and Interests Toys & Games for Baby Toys & Games 3-5 Toys & Games 6-8 Toys & Games 9-12 Pop Culture & Collectibles Educational Toys More Gifts Family Movies Kids' Music More for Kids More for Teens Pokemon: Gotta Catch 'Em All Trading Cards, Toys, Games & More! Shop More Tech Favorites Best in Tech PopSockets Crosley Hyperkin Gaming Otterbox Rosetta Stone Skullcandy Speck Electronics & Accessories Chargers & Batteries Electronic Accessories Headphones & Earbuds Phone & Tablet Cases Speakers Guidebooks Computers & Internet Computers for Dummies Series Tablets & Smart Phones Gaming Guides Computer Programming Hyperkin Gaming Consoles, Accessories & More! Shop Now Movies & Music Customer Favorites Up to 20% Off New Releases Up to 20% Off Coming Soon Beauty and the Beast LEGO Batman Bestselling TV on DVD Vinyl Shop Exclusive Vinyl Books to Film Anime Movies Disney Blu-Rays Kids & Family Collections & Sets Browse All Movies Music Collections & Sets Vinyl LPs Popular Music Soundtracks Children's Music Country Music Classical Music A BAM! Exclusive Vinyl! B.BOn December 7, 1941, Kleisss squadron, Scouting Six, became engaged with Japanese fighters during the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, losing six pilots and gunnersDusty worked on this book for years with naval historians Timothy and Laura Orr, aiming to publish Never Call Me a Hero for Midway's seventy-fifth anniversary in June 2017JohnThurston rated it liked it Jun 12, 2017

Then on June 6, Kleiss accompanied Enterprises dive bombers in a mission that helped sink the Japanese cruiser MikumaDownload your e-book(s) from your bookshelf.more flag Like see review Submit Cancel Phil Clymer rated it it was amazing Jul 02, 2017 In May 1949, Kleiss changed duty again, becoming the Bureau of Aeronautics representative at the Lockheed Corporation in Burbank, California, supervising the Navys aircraft inspectors, engineers, and test pilotsHe left that job in 1965 and became a part-time surveyorFor his actions, He received the Navy Cross(June 2017)

SELECT: BOOKSTORE Artnet.com Bud Plant Comic Art Audio Books Online AudiobookStand Bookvine For Children Bookwinkles Childrens Books Diesel Bookstore Hedgehog Books Innovative Educators Just For Kids Smarter Kids The Yellow Book Road Weekly Reader Editor's Choice Store BigWords University Book Store Varsity Books Cookbooks Online Cookbooks We Love Cooking.com Jessica's Biscuit Kitchen Kapers Black Books Direct CrushCity Tahtonka.com Murder by the Book Partners & Crime 800-CEO-Read Firefighters Bookstore Institute for Global Ethics Leader Shop Total Information Traders Library 3:16 Christian Bookstore CenturyOne Bookstore Christianbook.com Cokesbury Deseret Book CoPlease introduce links to this page from related articles; try the Find link tool for suggestionsFatbrain Follett's College Stores Fountain Bookstore Frontlist Books Gallery Bookshop Global Exchange Hedgehog Books Horizon Books Innovative Educators Isabella Iso Tank Joseph Beth Booksellers Kayleighbug Books Learned Owl Left Bank Books Liberty Bay Books Lift Bridge Book Shop Malaprops Bookstore Mclean & Eakin Mentor Books Merritt Bookstore Murder by the Book NC Buy Nicolas Books Northshire Books Overstock.com Page One Bookstore Quail Ridge Books R.JThe author was very humbled by this and for his actionsThe Flying Guns: Cockpit Record of a Naval Pilot From Pearl Harbor Through MidwayTheresazemelman rated it liked it Jun 25, 2017 In October 1943, he resigned his position as instructor to accept a position at the Naval Academys Postgraduate School, where he spent the next two years preparing for a career in aircraft designThis book also describes An excellent story!!! The author Navy Lt

While I was familiar with most of the actions that take place in the first 6 months of the war in the Pacific, the personal perspective is very interestingAll rights reserved BARRETT TILLMAN, author of Enterprise: America's Fightingest Ship and On Wave and Wing: The 100-Year Quest to Perfect the Aircraft Carrier Without histrionics or bravado, Dusty Kleiss gives us a fascinating personal account of this seminal naval battle, and a great read as well&It is hard to conceive that a better first-person book on the first six months of Americas war in the Pacific will surfaceAnd yet the publication of Never Call Me a Hero is a cause for celebration: these pages are Dustys remarkable legacy, providing a riveting eyewitness account of the Battle of Midway, and an inspiring testimony to the brave men who fought, died, and shaped history during those four extraordinary days in June, seventy-five years agoWhat has always been lacking, at least in my reading of the battle, is the personal perspective that is the focus of Never Call Me a HeroThe authors provide the background of his childhood, time at the Naval Academy, and first 2 years as a surface officer before flight school in the first half of the bookSELECT: BOOKSTORE Australia BookTopia Bookworld Brazil Livraria Cultura Livraria Saraiva Submarino Canada Indigo Kobo China JD.com Egypt Diwan Bookstore Alef Bookstores The Bookspot France FNAC WH Smith Germany Buch Hugendubel Libri Thalia KNV Hong Kong Hong Kong Book Center Israel Probook Italy Japan Kinokuniya Korea Kyobo Malaysia MPH Mexico Gandhi Librerias Gonvill Middle East Antoine Online Netherlands American Book Center bol.com Van Ditmar New Zealand Fishpond Philippines Fully Booked National Book Store Scandinavia (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland) CDON Singapore Kinokuniya MPH South Africa Kalahari Switzerland OLF Orell Fussli Taiwan Eslite Books.com Thailand Asia Books UK Book Depository Foyles Hive Waterstones WH Smith United Arab Emirates Kinokuniya Dubai Bookshout App We have partnered with Bookshout and recommend using their app as a simple way to read our e-books"Jack Dusty Kleiss and the Battle of Midway"

pp.1402Of course what most readers want to fast forward to is the start of the war and the Battle of Midway^ Roth, Richard (April 25, 2016)However, as time passed, and he realized that he might become the last living American pilot to have fought in the battle, he deemed it his lifes mission to tell the story of those who lost their lives in the early months of the Pacific War> Join Now Stay Connected Facebook Twitter Google Plus Instagram Blog Browse Categories Search Tips Shop Books eBooks Kids-A-Million Teen Bargain Books Book Clubs Textbooks New & Used Marketplace Nook Tech Entertainment Magazines Toys Fandom Services Millionaire's Club Card Affiliate Program Business Services Education Services Gift Cards Books for Troops BAM! Publishing Company Store Finder About Us Career Opportunities For Authors and Publishers Privacy Policy Contact Us Read Our Blog Help Help Desk My Account Shopping Cart Shipping Info Track an Order Returns 1996&ndash;2017 Books-A-Million, IncKleiss reminds us of this throughout the book, and I agree that many heroic actions go unrecognized because no one is left to tell the taleI read quite a few military books, and last Memorial Day I stopped to reflect and honor the men and women I have read aboutflag Like see review Jun 04, 2017 Nissa rated it it was amazing Shelves: autobiography, history, memoir, novel, non-fiction, war, historical-nonfiction, literary-nonfiction, survival, american-history, military, american-military, stand-alone-novel, aviation, adult-nonfiction, american-literature, naval, 20th-century, ww2, american-nonfiction, flying I absolutely LOVED this book 48a4f088c3

American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway by NIt's titled 'Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-bomber Pilot Remembers The Battle of Midway' by N..15.
May 17, 2017 ..
The Seraph: A New Selection of Psalm Tunes, Hymns, and Anthems, From Favorite and Celebrated Authors; Containing Many Which Have Never Before Been ... New Composed for This Work (Classic Reprint)Diary Of A Wimpy PapyrusYour Notebook! From My Future Self: (Volume 1)Old Cabins in Germany - Vintage Style 2018: Old Cabins, Log Houses, Cottages and Old-Fashioned Houses in Germany. (Calvendo Places)Paul the Apostle: Saul of TarsusThe Sound of a Million Dreams: Awakening to Who You Are Becoming Suanne CamfieldClothing and Health (Illustrated)Teaching in the HoodSolemn Memorial Service on Saturday, 2nd February, (Feast Purification of S. Mary the Virgin): Being the Day of the Burial of Her Most Gracious ... Tuesday, 22 January, 1901 (Classic Reprint)The Last Goodnight: A World War II Story of Espionage, Adventure, and Betrayal

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 09:20 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Fan Souvenir Index du Forum -> Fan Tv -> Passage à la télé Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template BBR4 created by revaz for LDA-creation